Volkmar the Grim"Everything about him is bent to that one great task of holding back evil."
Volkmar the Grim is the head of the Cult of Sigmar and the most powerful religious leader in the Empire. He is a pious and foreboding man who is utterly devoted to the destruction of Chaos in all its forms. When the Grand Theogonist accompanies an army into battle, he typically rides atop the resplendent War Altar of Sigmar, inspiring the soldiers around him to great acts of heroism as he strikes the followers of Chaos down with powerful blows and words of divine force. Volkmar is a holy terror on the battlefield, a man who fights with the fury of Sigmar himself. It is said that Volkmar's soul was forged of steel and he fights the malign influence of Chaos with every fibre of his being.
Unit NameVolkmar the Grim
Main Unit Keywh_dlc04_emp_cha_volkmar_the_grim_0
Land Unit Keywh_dlc04_emp_cha_volkmar_the_grim_0
Naval Unit Keywh_main_shp_transport
Custom Battle Cost1150
├ Melee Weaponwh_dlc04_emp_hammer_volkmar
├ Melee Damage Base230
├ Melee Damage Ap150
├ Armour PiercingNo
├ Bonus vs Cavalry0
├ Bonus vs Elephants0
└ Bonus vs Infantry0
├ Base Defence38
└ Shield Defence0
├ Armour Defence50
└ Shield Armour0
├ Man Entitywh_main_infantry_standard_hero_blood
├ Man Speed35
├ Man Health8
└ Bonus Hit Points4260
Leadership (Base Morale)80
AbilitiesVolkmar the Grim
- Such is the strength of Sigmar's favour that enemies fail to act in the presence of such brilliance.
- The Warrior Priest implores Sigmar to imbue him with a modicum of divine strength, and now his hammer glows bright with power!
- The Warrior Priest’s faith manifests in the form of a shield as hard as castle-forged steel.
- A battle prayer that bathes the Warrior Priest in white, holy fire, sears Sigmar’s foes but leaves the supplicant unharmed.
- The Warrior Priest passes the blessings of the Heldenhammer to the brave men around him.
- A quick invocation of protection to Sigmar or Ulric will bless the implorer with a shield of godly faith, should they prove worthy.
This unit provides a [[img:icon_morale]][[/img]]leadership bonus to nearby allies. Units within range of both the [[img:icon_general]][[/img]]Lord's aura and an encouraging unit will receive the larger of the two bonuses.
- Hide (forest)
This unit can hide in forests until enemy units get too close.
Strengths & Weaknesses
No Strengths and Weaknesses